Cranio Sacral Therapy was pioneered and developed by osteopathic physician John E. Upledger.
Cranio Sacral Therapy (“CST”) is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the cranio sacral system. This system is comprised of membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds and protects our brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch, generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, Practitioners release restrictions in the cranio sacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventative health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and may be effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction.
Cranio Sacral Therapy Treatments
- Chronic neck & back pain
- Central nervous system disorders
- Concussions & trauma injuries to the brain
- Scoliosis & spinal cord injuries
- Chronic fatigue, stress & tension-related problems
- Fibromyalgia & connective tissue disorders
- Post-surgical dysfunction
Somatic Emotional Release (SER)
The next step to CST is the Somatic Emotional Release (SER), a therapeutic process that uses and expands on the principles of CST to help rid the mind and the body of residual effects of trauma and emotions trapped in our cells and body—sometimes, even anesthesia from post-surgery.
Areas accessed and mobilized
- Thoracic inlet
- Hard palate
- Hyoglossal tissues
- Energy cysts are located and released
- Suppressed and trapped emotions are released
- Structural release and integrity is established